Growing Cybersecurity Companies in Montgomery County
The Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development and the Montgomery County Department of Economic Development will be hosting an event for local cybersecurity companies.
Monday, November 25, 2013, 7:30 am – 9:30 am
Hosted by the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, IBBR, 9600 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville.
Join us to learn about new resources available locally to grow your cybersecurity company:
- The Maryland Cybersecurity Investment Incentive Tax Credit and the Montgomery County Supplement
The Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development (DBED) will begin accepting applications from qualified Maryland cybersecurity companies for the new Cybersecurity Investment Incentive Tax Credit on December 9, 2013. The program is funded at $3 million and offers a refundable tax credit to qualified Maryland cybersecurity companies that seek and secure investment from an in-state or out-of-state investor. Montgomery County passed legislation to provide a supplement for companies located in the county.
- The Maryland Employer Security Clearance Cost (ESCC) Tax Credit provides tax credits for security clearances administrative expenses, SCIF costs, and first year leasing.
- The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence at NIST.
- Jeffrey Wells, Executive Director of Cyber Development for MD Department of Business & Economic Development
- Sally Sternbach, Deputy Director, Montgomery County Department of Economic Development
- Councilmember, Hans Riemer, Montgomery County Council
- TBD National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence