The Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development and the Montgomery County Department of Economic Development will be hosting an event for local cybersecurity companies.
Monday, November 25, 2013, 7:30 am – 9:30 am
Hosted by the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, IBBR, 9600 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville.
Join us to learn about new resources available locally to grow your cybersecurity company:
- The Maryland Cybersecurity Investment Incentive Tax Credit and the Montgomery County Supplement
The Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development (DBED) will begin accepting applications from qualified Maryland cybersecurity companies for the new Cybersecurity Investment Incentive Tax Credit on December 9, 2013. The program is funded at $3 million and offers a refundable tax credit to qualified Maryland cybersecurity companies that seek and secure investment from an in-state or out-of-state investor. Montgomery County passed legislation to provide a supplement for companies located in the county.
- The Maryland Employer Security Clearance Cost (ESCC) Tax Credit provides tax credits for security clearances administrative expenses, SCIF costs, and first year leasing.
- The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence at NIST.
- Jeffrey Wells, Executive Director of Cyber Development for MD Department of Business & Economic Development
- Sally Sternbach, Deputy Director, Montgomery County Department of Economic Development
- Councilmember, Hans Riemer, Montgomery County Council
- TBD National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence