This week, I had the opportunity to engage with members of our community whom are practicing their English conversation skills while exploring their rights and responsibilities as Montgomery County residents. This is an East County class called “Connecting with your Community”. I was surprised when told that I was the first Montgomery County Councilmember they have ever met! I look forward to continuing my communication with the students and am eager to see them actively engaged and connected to our community. Below is a picture of me with these great students.
- The Council Connection — transportation and parks budgets
- The Council Connection — the County’s overall fiscal picture
- The Council Connection — Council prioritizes fire and rescue services
- Statement on the County’s FY19 operating and capital budget agreement
- The Council Connection — funding for MCPS
- The Council Connection — full Council budget worksessions
- The Council Connection — compensation, fossil fuel divestment, and due process for immigrants