On Saturday, I volunteered with Food and Friends, a nonprofit that provides meals for individuals with life challenging illnesses, including many residents in Montgomery County. Here I am encouraging passers-by in Friendship Heights to sample the pumpkin pie and chocolate cheese cake. If you buy a pie at the Food and Friends website, you’ll feed a client for an entire day. Not to mention get an incredibly delicious pie for your Thanksgiving table. Bonus for my day: unexpectedly, I got to volunteer with a good friend Lisa Kinnard, pictured here! Lisa is also involved with Food and Friends and is always with her camera; she took some of our favorite pictures of our boy Henry when he was born.
- A bold new vision for Bethesda
- Gang activity is a growing concern
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and Express Bus Service on US 29
- Bethesda Downtown Sector Plan
- Remarks on the FY18 Budget
- Montgomery Council cuts costs to start new breweries, wineries and distilleries
- Funding a study for dedicated lanes on US 29 BRT