On Saturday, I volunteered with Food and Friends, a nonprofit that provides meals for individuals with life challenging illnesses, including many residents in Montgomery County. Here I am encouraging passers-by in Friendship Heights to sample the pumpkin pie and chocolate cheese cake. If you buy a pie at the Food and Friends website, you’ll feed a client for an entire day. Not to mention get an incredibly delicious pie for your Thanksgiving table. Bonus for my day: unexpectedly, I got to volunteer with a good friend Lisa Kinnard, pictured here! Lisa is also involved with Food and Friends and is always with her camera; she took some of our favorite pictures of our boy Henry when he was born.
- Council voices support for the “Reform on Tap” Act
- Councilmembers Applaud New Economic Development Incentive for Craft Breweries, Cideries, Wineries and Distilleries
- A Protected Bike Lane Loop for Bethesda
- Testifying before Congress on Earned Sick and Safe Leave
- Council Vice President Riemer, MCPS Superintendent Dr. Jack Smith to Speak at Landmark STEM Education Launch
- Council Vice President Riemer Introduces Bill to Increase Affordable Housing at Council Meeting on Tue., Nov. 14
- Montgomery County becomes first in the State to have green pavement markings on State highways