On Saturday, I volunteered with Food and Friends, a nonprofit that provides meals for individuals with life challenging illnesses, including many residents in Montgomery County. Here I am encouraging passers-by in Friendship Heights to sample the pumpkin pie and chocolate cheese cake. If you buy a pie at the Food and Friends website, you’ll feed a client for an entire day. Not to mention get an incredibly delicious pie for your Thanksgiving table. Bonus for my day: unexpectedly, I got to volunteer with a good friend Lisa Kinnard, pictured here! Lisa is also involved with Food and Friends and is always with her camera; she took some of our favorite pictures of our boy Henry when he was born.
- The Council Connection — bicycle master plan
- The Council Connection — Hispanic Heritage Month, affordable housing, and wireless infrastructure
- Council supports wineries and farm breweries
- Promoting wineries and farm breweries in Montgomery County
- The Council Connection – Council discusses plan to widen 270 and 495
- The Council Connection — housing affordability (cont’d)
- Proposal to Name New High School for Josiah Henson