On Saturday, I volunteered with Food and Friends, a nonprofit that provides meals for individuals with life challenging illnesses, including many residents in Montgomery County. Here I am encouraging passers-by in Friendship Heights to sample the pumpkin pie and chocolate cheese cake. If you buy a pie at the Food and Friends website, you’ll feed a client for an entire day. Not to mention get an incredibly delicious pie for your Thanksgiving table. Bonus for my day: unexpectedly, I got to volunteer with a good friend Lisa Kinnard, pictured here! Lisa is also involved with Food and Friends and is always with her camera; she took some of our favorite pictures of our boy Henry when he was born.
- The Council Connection — housing affordability
- The Council Connection — transportation and parks budgets
- The Council Connection — the County’s overall fiscal picture
- The Council Connection — Council prioritizes fire and rescue services
- Statement on the County’s FY19 operating and capital budget agreement
- The Council Connection — funding for MCPS
- The Council Connection — full Council budget worksessions