On April 26th, I attended the IMPACT Silver Spring Gala. IMPACT is a group that works county wide to support network building and social services for disadvantaged populations. As one of the speakers commented, this morning we had “laughter, singing, and joyful tears” as community builders were giving awards in front of the audience of hundreds. I loved the concept of the awards representing “momentum” rather than “achievement,” because while momentum is certainly an achievement its a different concept. Awardees included Pyramid Atlantic’s Jose Dominguez, the El Rosal Sewing Cooperative, and the Lyttonsville Civic Association. Each has a marvelous and unique story and each is shaping the future of Montgomery County. In the picture with me is Maria Veras.
- The Council Connection — housing affordability
- The Council Connection — transportation and parks budgets
- The Council Connection — the County’s overall fiscal picture
- The Council Connection — Council prioritizes fire and rescue services
- Statement on the County’s FY19 operating and capital budget agreement
- The Council Connection — funding for MCPS
- The Council Connection — full Council budget worksessions