On April 26th, I attended the IMPACT Silver Spring Gala. IMPACT is a group that works county wide to support network building and social services for disadvantaged populations. As one of the speakers commented, this morning we had “laughter, singing, and joyful tears” as community builders were giving awards in front of the audience of hundreds. I loved the concept of the awards representing “momentum” rather than “achievement,” because while momentum is certainly an achievement its a different concept. Awardees included Pyramid Atlantic’s Jose Dominguez, the El Rosal Sewing Cooperative, and the Lyttonsville Civic Association. Each has a marvelous and unique story and each is shaping the future of Montgomery County. In the picture with me is Maria Veras.
- The Council Connection — bicycle master plan
- The Council Connection — Hispanic Heritage Month, affordable housing, and wireless infrastructure
- Council supports wineries and farm breweries
- Promoting wineries and farm breweries in Montgomery County
- The Council Connection – Council discusses plan to widen 270 and 495
- The Council Connection — housing affordability (cont’d)
- Proposal to Name New High School for Josiah Henson