The morning began with a meeting on the topic of the Metropolitan Branch Trail. At a recent T&E committee meeting I learned that the nonprofit group that manages the historic B&O Train Museum has reversed its position and now refuses to grant the county right of way for the Metropolitan Branch Trail. This is very unfortunate as community and elected leaders rallied behind funding for the restoration of that museum partly on the grounds that it would provide an excellent community asset on the trail. This is an issue we will return to in the capital budget process in January. If you ride the Red Line you may notice how much progress DC has made on the trail — and that the progress seems to stop as you cross into Montgomery County. This segment of the trail is an important issue that needs to be resolved in order to continue forward.
- The Council Connection — bicycle master plan
- The Council Connection — Hispanic Heritage Month, affordable housing, and wireless infrastructure
- Council supports wineries and farm breweries
- Promoting wineries and farm breweries in Montgomery County
- The Council Connection – Council discusses plan to widen 270 and 495
- The Council Connection — housing affordability (cont’d)
- Proposal to Name New High School for Josiah Henson