Today I continued working on my open government project. I am trying to figure out how to tackle our county’s digital strategy. My plan is to do a general review of what we are doing and then make some specific recommendations for improvement, working closely with our excellent Department of Technology Services. I also met with a police officer to talk about morale in the force. We have made some tough decisions affecting our police officers this year and while I am fully confident in all of my votes, I am concerned the rank-and-file officers are not hearing that their county government stands behind them. People who put their lives on the line shouldn’t have to wonder if they are valued by the county government or, by implication, the residents they serve so well.
- The Council Connection — transportation and parks budgets
- The Council Connection — the County’s overall fiscal picture
- The Council Connection — Council prioritizes fire and rescue services
- Statement on the County’s FY19 operating and capital budget agreement
- The Council Connection — funding for MCPS
- The Council Connection — full Council budget worksessions
- The Council Connection — compensation, fossil fuel divestment, and due process for immigrants